In order to be successful in this role, you must be hands-on, internally driven, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Design parts, housings, mechanisms, and mechanical components.
- Assemble printed circuit boards with surface mount components.
- Validate, test, and iterate on both existing and new electromechanical systems.
- Identify and work with domestic and overseas vendors for manufacturing quotes, sourcing components, quality assurance, etc.
- Identify and implement cost reductions for existing components & assemblies.
- Work with certification laboratories to ensure products meet the required regulations.
- Follow up with our domestic & international suppliers on production planning and delivery.
- Identify savings opportunities through the supply chain.
- Work with manufacturing partners to draft POs, prioritize orders, and keep track of all shipments and supply-chain/fulfillment processes.
- Bachelor’s or master’s in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Soldering experience with surface mount components.
- Hands-on skills and comfortable working with hand tools, power tools, and shop equipment.
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, multitasking capabilities, and good time management skills.
- Being a Night Owl is preferred (to be able to coordinate with overseas partners)
- Fluent Mandarin preferred
Perks And Benefits
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Free tennis lessons
- Continuing education stipend