Manufacturing & Supply Chain Intern
At Tennibot, we build cool autonomous tennis robots, and we are looking for a Manufacturing & Supply Chain Intern who wants to help deliver Tennibot to every tennis court in the world. Ok, maybe we can start with every tennis court in the US first :) We’re a venture-backed robotics startup that builds practical and useful robots that help players and coaches. You will be responsible for activities that include but are not limited to maximizing supplier performance, leading cost savings, negotiating purchase agreements, contracts which include pricing, terms, conditions, risk mitigations, and warranties. The Manufacturing & Supply Chain Intern is a critical member of the team at Tennibot. You will collaborate with engineering teams to deliver high-quality, cost-effective new technologies. You will help research, identify and analyze current and emerging procurement trends. A successful Manufacturing & Supply Chain Intern is highly analytical, detail-oriented, resourceful, a strong communicator, and able to leverage relationships across the company to accomplish his or her goals. She or he must see the “bigger picture,” prioritize competing demands and execute soundly on a regular basis.
- Negotiate pricing and timelines for parts & assemblies.
- IQC (incoming quality control), OQC, cycle-time and throughput optimization, process flow optimization etc.
- Follow up with our domestic & international suppliers on production planning and delivery.
- Create and maintain various reports (including reports on inventory, purchasing and freight).
- Identify savings opportunities through the supply chain.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost, and quality improvements.
- Control and manage inventory data, such as on receipts and transfer transactions.
- Serve as the point of contact and problem solver at all stages of the fulfillment and delivery process. (This may include things like rescheduling requests, following up on accessory exchanges, and assisting with Customer Support requests, helping with delivery/3PL Systems, etc.)
- Own the end-to-end process of order management and fulfillment operations across our vendors and partners.
- Work with manufacturing partners to draft POs, prioritize orders, and keep track of all shipments and supply-chain/fulfillment processes.
- Onboard new software tools to help manage fulfillment operations.
- Coordinate closely with the engineering team.
- Aggressively reduce costs through BOM cost analysis.
- Analyze data from shipping and delivering processes to find bottlenecks and other challenges.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multitasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant or equivalent work experience and expertise
- Track record of delivering significant cost reductions and service level improvements.
- Strong skills in freight and logistics
- Strong analytical / data entry skills
- Knowledge of hardware/product development processes
- Experience with the engineering development lifecycle
- Passionate about startups, tennis, and/or robotics, a plus
- Fluent Mandarin preferred
Perks And Benefits
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Free tennis lessons
- Continuing education stipend