At Tennibot, we build cool autonomous tennis robots, and we are looking for a creative and forward-thinking Mechanical Engineer who wants to help bring the Tennibot to every tennis court in the world. Ok, maybe we can start with every tennis court in the US first :) We’re a venture-backed robotics startup that builds practical and useful robots that help players and coaches. You will be responsible for activities that include (but are not limited to) designing, prototyping, and testing mechanical components. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
In order to be successful in this role you must be hands-on, internally driven and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Design parts, housings, mechanisms, and mechanical components.
- Validate, test, and iterate on both existing mechanical and electromechanical systems.
- Build 3D CAD models of parts and assemblies.
- Prepare concise and detailed failure reports and recommend corrective action to prevent recurring problems.
- Identify and implement cost reductions for existing components & assemblies.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure products meet their performance and reliability requirements at the design and production phases.
- Work with certification laboratories to ensure products meet the required regulations.
- Bachelor or master’s in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience with component design, analysis, and validation.
- Great technical and interpersonal communication.
- Hands-on skills and comfortable working with hand tools, power tools, and shop equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, multitasking capabilities and good time management skills.
- Excellent CAD proficiency.
- Experience with product design utilizing injection molding, CNC machining, sheet metal fabrication, or thermoforming forming.
- Process or manufacturing engineering experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing/DFM experience a plus.
Perks And Benefits
- Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Free tennis lessons
- Continuing education stipend